Friday, September 23, 2011

Recommendations for decorating a bathroom Hollywood style?

I want to decorate my master bathroom like an old hollywood dressing room. The room is small (like an alley) so I couldn't fit in a chaise louge or anything. I have double sinks, crappy flooring I'm willing to rip up but I don't know where to start with decor, light fixtures other than the Hollywood lights that go around the mirrors that have the large globe bulbs which I do not like. What about paint color, shower curtain, faucets, towels?|||Did you want the hollywood glamorous look? Use a crystal chandelier, pale blue green and gray color scheme. You can use long sconces on either side of your mirror. Look on HGTV at save my bath they did a hollywood bath episode. Episode was called icky industrial bath.|||We just redid my daughters in a soft pool blue-her soup dish,towell holders etc are in mirror with beveled edges and etched floral. I found her pool blue towells and black. Silver hardware. Her small curtain is a patterned shinny silver in a pouf-I made it for nearly nothing and its great. She's got a ceramic poodle on the back of the toilet (old town buy-4.00) and black framed photos of Marilyn Monroe, Audry Hepburn and like on the one wall facing the mirror-which we did wallpaper too in a b/w pattern. Her light is black metal and curves out from wall like an old street light above her mirror-white glass shades-Lowes for 25.00. It was a different metal but I just painted it with metal,ceramic acrylic from the craft store-think outside the box. Look at old gaudy standing (table) lamps from the trift store-with a new shade and a beaded edge on shade (hot glue) you can do wonders!|||Here you go (for some ideas):


http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h鈥?/a>


Scroll down to the pink and black bathroom:


http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h鈥?/a>


http://www.getdecorating.com/bathrooms.c鈥?/a>





Whatever you decide to do, think glamour! Chrome, mirrors, black laquer furniture, zebra print, silver, pink, crystal chandeliers and bottles for your beautry products...

No comments:

Post a Comment