Friday, September 16, 2011

How do i get my W2 from Hollywood video?

I worked at hollywood video owned by movie gallery who just went bankrupt last year. I worked all the way until the last day. I moved since then and had no one to contact to give a change of address. Now its time to file and I have no w2 from them. I did a change of address at the post office and never received it. So My real question is how do i get in touch with a business that is no longer open?|||You can figure that you're never going to get a W-2 from Hollywood, since it, and Movie Gallery, seem to have evaporated.





Tax Topic 154 (search www.irs.gov for this) describes what to do if you cannot get your W-2. Here's the summary:





- Call the IRS (800-TAX-1040) to see if they received the appropriate W-2 info. If they did, they will send you 4852 (W-2 substitute)


- If they do not have it, you will fill out the 4852 yourself, using the information you have, but you have to notify the IRS before you do this.|||hopefully you have either your pay stubs or some kind of information about your earnings|||Go to the IRS website and read Tax Topic 154.

No comments:

Post a Comment