Friday, September 16, 2011

How can i sell my screenplays to hollywood?

I have some really awsome material which many people like, but how can I sell it to the big guys in hollywood?|||Convince a major star that they want to do it.|||Get a manager ( if you don't already have one) and they 'll take care of it. Make sure your manager is someone you can trust so they won't steal your story or whatever. Also it doesn't heart to be or live in a major city, so take that into consideration.|||As a writer, I say join a guild if you have been published. I am in a guild and that greatly helped me get an agent. I am now writing the first novel. Some big-time writers submit the work and no big deal. But the beginners (such as myself) had to scratch and scrabble to get IN a guild (in most you have to be published to get in the guild) and convince an agent that you have talent. Yes, you have to pay the agent; however, that is a double edged sword. The agent can sell "you" faster because they are in the loop but you have to pay them. I was submitting forever and found that most major publishing houses have manuscripts everywhere and they just sit. Got that from my Professor/Writer Uncle. So, I got an agent. I'll bet you DO have good material. If you are that confident, you likely do. But my advice is join a guild (the guilds have agents combing them for new work) and get an agent. I spent too much time sending out work that apparently fell on somebody's desk and will be there until they realize that my book went to print and they missed the boat. That's the nature of the beast, tho'. Also, if you know someone in the industry, see if you can use that angle. I was glad to have the advice of my Uncle. I had to do the work but he gave me the advice. Also, see if there are any writers groups in your area. Agents comb those, also, looking for talent. Where my Mom lives, the agents are always there from various publishing houses. Good luck and I hope to see the movie.|||You can't sell it you need an agent|||Your work may be "really awesome," to you, but not to the "big boys (the men and women "literary agents," that make or break writers.)





If you want to give it a go, Google "literary agents and the name of the city," where you live. Example: (Literary Agents, Chicago, Illinois)





Hopefully, your're in a major city, otherwise . . .





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment